Friday, October 5, 2012

A Party and A Referallversary

On Saturday, we celebrated our middle child. Jaxon requested a lego cake and party for his 5th birthday. I am not a very crafty in the kitchen or anywhere for that matter, but I saw a lego cake on pinterest that looked doable. My grandma came over Friday afternoon to help me. Actually, she did most of the work and I was the helper. She used to make cakes for me when I was a kid, so it is pretty special to be able to make cakes with her for my kids.  We had a lot of fun and I think the cake came out pretty good. 
 I think my baby boy looks so grown up in this picture. We had his party at our church's children's building. Jax said it was his best birthday yet. He also said he can't wait for his 6th birthday because it will be even better.
 I thought the cake turned out pretty cute. Jax was excited about how it looked, but he is not a big cake eater, so I don't think he even tasted it. He did enjoy the marshmallow off the top.
 I also made cheese and cracker legos. Just gotta love pinterest.
 Sawyer came to help us set up for the party and he created this Lego Car. He was pretty proud of himself.
 My mom and dad came in for the party, too. It was fun to spend the weekend with them. Mia loves her Nana and Poppy.
 This week was one year from the day that we accepted our referral for little Miss Mia. Wow! It has been quite a year. I'm so glad we said yes to our princess. Just like her name means, her life has certainly been a reflection of God's grace.
 As I think back on the past year, there have been a lot of highs and lows. The joy of meeting her for the first time, the ache of leaving her in Africa for 2 and a half months while we waited for our embassy appointment, the relief of being cleared to get her, the pain of seeing her grieve as we took her from the only home she  knew, and the great joy of seeing her become a daughter and sister. This journey is not always easy, but it is a privilege to be this beautiful girl's momma.


1 comment:

  1. Hi My name is Jenna
    Your kids are beautiful princess, handsome prince’s, cute blessings, special earthly angels, and precious gifts and miracles. Hooray Hooray Lets Celebrate today! Jax is five Hooray! A Lego party Hooray I love lego's!
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, and 14 other medical conditions.

    Here is a new poem I wrote, it’s called it takes courage:
    It Takes courage to love
    Like a dove
    It takes courage to fight,
    It takes courage to do what’s right
    It takes courage to stay strong,
    When things go wrong
    It takes courage to write a song
    It takes courage to live
    It takes courage to give
    It takes courage to fight this beast
    It takes courage to be brave
    It takes courage to smile and wave
    It takes courage to keep positive
    Keep on fighting!
    It takes courage to win!
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete