Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today

Today I am missing my daughter so much it hurts.

Today I have cried my fair share of tears.

Today I feel weary.

Today I am thankful for friends who encourage, support, and love me.

Today I am glad my God is a God of compassion and love, a God who is near to the broken hearted.

My little girl turns three years old next month. We should be planning a party and picking out a cake. She should be asking her mommy and daddy for toys. Instead she is in an orphanage with no idea that she is about to have a birthday.

My heart is hurting and longing to hold my sweet girl again.

I pray, and pray, and pray some more. I have no doubt the Lord hears me. I have no doubt that He will answer, but I do grow weary sometimes. Somedays, like today, I feel that I just can't even pray one more prayer.

This verse has been such a comfort to me on days like today.

"In the same way the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us in groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

I am out of words, but it's ok, because the Spirit Himself will intercede for me. He will intercede for our sweet daughter. The Lord will bring her home and He will receive all the glory and all the praise.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend, I wish I were there to hug you! I am so sorry. So very sorry. Our daughters will come home. They will. We have to keep reminding each other until they are in our arms forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you Meredith! Reading this makes my heart sad for you, so I will take it to the Lord in prayer. What a great verse to remind us that we don't need words, He knows.......love it!

    ReplyDelete