Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We Need Your Help

I haven't posted in a few days, because I have been processing some things the Lord is teaching me lately. For the last couple of weeks He has really been teaching me about trusting Him. Every sermon I listen to, Bible passage I read, song I listen to, I have heard the Lord tell me "trust me. Do not be afraid." I really didn't know why He was teaching me this, but I knew that I should listen. I have been giving the Lord all of my burdens and have been filled with great joy.

Last Thursday I posted about loving where I am now and being in complete peace. I even shared with Justin about what God was teaching me about trust and letting go of my fears. I told him that I had no idea what it meant, but that I was sure there was a reason for it.

Well, Friday afternoon I read an article that said Ethiopian adoptions would be reduced by 90%. Noone really no what this means yet for Ethiopian adoption, but it would severely slow things down. I can't even imagine how many years it would be before we received a referral and then how many years after that until we could bring our daughter home. It could mean that the children who are in orphanages now would grow up there. Many of you know that we started in the Rwanda program and in August they stopped accepting dossiers, so we switched to the Ethiopia program. That was not a fun time in my life and i don't wish to relive it.

I have been praying all weekend. I continue to have an urgency to pray for the orphans in Ethiopia, but I do not feel worried. I have seen God's hand all over our adoption journey thus far. I completely trust Him.

With that being said, I ask you all to please pray for the families and children who are waiting. Please pray for the government of Ethiopia as they make decisions that will affect millions.

Today our agency sent us a link to this call to the action. Please pray, sign the petition, and pass it along to everyone you can.

JCICS Call to Action

March 8, 2011

Joint Council: Emergency Campaign for Ethiopian Children

What You Can Do:

1) Sign the petition to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi – and pass it on!

2) Have you adopted from Ethiopia? Please send us up to 3 photos and 50 words or less with what you would like the Ministry to know about your child – we’ll compile the information and send a book to the Ministry of Woman’s Affairs. Send your photos and stories to advocate@jointcouncil.org bySunday, March 12, 2011 to be included. Please note that sending photos and stories gives Joint Council unrestricted right to use the information you provide.

3) Share…Please send this Call to Action to family members, other adoptive parents, and everyone you know! Post, forward and share your adoption stories via Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Make sure you include us in your posts so we can all hear your stories! Here’s links to our pages: Facebook,Twitter and our our blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment