Thursday, March 3, 2011

Loving Where I Am

Yesterday morning, bright and early, we made the drive over to the federal building in Jackson for our USCIS fingerprinting appointment. I don't have any pics, because cameras were not allowed. We were both in and out in about 10 minutes. I have to say this was by far the easiest step in our adoption process so far. I don't have any crazy stories about this appointment. We just went in, were fingerprinted, and left.

Now we wait for our Favorable Determination Letter (FDL). This is the last piece of paperwork we need to be completely "referral ready." Most agencies require this paperwork to be submitted with our dossier. Our agency did not at the time we submitted ours, so we are already on the wait list. Our agency changed it's policy to include the FDL with dossier just a few short weeks after we were put on the wait list.


We had a fun day at the Jackson zoo. The weather was perfect and we pretty much had the zoo to ourselves. We really did have the train to ourselves.

It was wonderful to be able to just spend the entire day together, just us and the animals. The boys spotted this Africa sign and we had to take our picture with it. Every time the boys see the shape of Africa, they point it out and say "That's where our baby is." There is never a day that we don't think about our little girl, but I can honestly say that I love where we are in our journey right now. Of course if someone told me that tomorrow I could jump on a plane and bring our daughter home, I would be ecstatic. If we could skip the wait, I would be all over it. That being said, God has given me a peace about the wait.



I am so thankful for this time with Justin and our boys. I know our lives will drastically change when we add a baby girl to the mix. While I will welcome those changes when the time is right, I am truly joyful with our little family. I will be honest. I didn't feel this way a month ago. I was sad and longing for our baby. Then, I discovered a little secret. When I focus on our baby and think about what we don't have right now, I become filled with sadness. When I focus on the Lord and His goodness, I become filled with joy. I know, it is not very profound, but it has made all the difference in my life. When I focus on the Lord, He shows me the many blessings in my life.

So, I am loving where I am right now and today we had a crazy day! To celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday at school, we dressed in our craziest clothes. Jax picked out his entire outfit and Sawyer helped me choose my outfit.


It's fun dressing crazy! The kids in my class were so cute!!! We made green eggs and ham for snack. Jax had at least three helpings of green eggs. His favorite food is scrambled eggs and his favorite color is green, so he was in heaven.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Big news! So glad thing went smoothly.
    Fun day at the zoo... sounds perfect.

    Love the sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I wish we had gotten to see ya'll, but yes, I was working that day! But I'm glad that ya'll had a fun time at the Zoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Dr Seuss and the zoo! Soon you and Justin will be out numbered when the family goes out!

    ReplyDelete