Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off to a Good Start

Last month when we sent in our dossier and were put on the wait list, our agency sent us this journal. I put it aside and decided I would begin using it in January. I love that it has a place to document our journey to our daughter as well as to write down prayer requests. It will be wonderful to be able to look back on one day and see what God was teaching me during the wait. Of course, if I was in control I would skip this whole waiting thing, but I know God has a plan and purpose for it. I am going to do my best to make the most of this time.

In the front of the journal there is a guide to reading through the Bible in a year. I was already reading through the Bible, but got way off track during the holidays. I decided January 2011 would be as good a time as any to start fresh. I started yesterday, because it was my first day back to a normal routine.

I love that our adoption agency realizes that adoption is a journey of faith and does their best to support us along this journey. I am so thankful we chose AGCI. I also think it's fun that my friend, Amber, who first told us about AGCI is on the cover of my new journal with her cutie, Silas. It's also pretty fun that my wonderful sister-in-law took the picture.

One of the things I love most about our agency is all the wonderful people I have "met" who have adopted or in the process of adopting. It has been awesome to connect with moms who really get how I am feeling and who can offer support, guidance, and prayer for one another. Yesterday, during my prayer time I felt especially lead to pray for two of these moms. One of the moms, Alison, shared that she felt God urgently prodding her to pray fervently for her baby girl in Ethiopia. The first thing I wrote in my new prayer journal was "Give Alison peace today". Later that day I saw that Alison had updated her blog and the title was "Peace". She shared about how God had brought her peace that day and how she could feel the prayers of God's people. Oh, I love how God works!

The second prayer request I wrote in my journal yesterday morning was that the Coopers would receive clearance to bring home their baby boy. Long story short, they were supposed to travel to Ethiopia to bring him home during Christmas and were not able to go. It has been a difficult few weeks and I know they had many people praying for them. Well, yesterday they received the clearance they needed to bring sweet Daniel home. They are traveling to Ethiopia tomorrow and won't come home empty handed.

I am so excited to see what else God has in store this year as we wait for our little girl. It definitely makes the waiting easier, to see so many children come home to their new families. Another thing that will make the wait a little easier is getting to meet many of these adoptive mommas who I have grown to care for. In just one month I will be attending the Created to Care retreat for adoptive moms. I am so excited about it and can't wait to finally meet some of my new friends.

5 comments:

  1. I too love how our agency has connected us all in some amazing ways! It makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those two stories about your prayer request! God is so good!

    Can't wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this!!! Thank you so much for praying for us! I can't even tell you how much it means to me!! God truly answered your prayer because I have felt such an amazing peace from all the prayers being lifted up for us! Thanks for your precious friendship! Can't wait until the retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love that AGCI sent ya'll that journal...we didn't get one of those...sounds really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are journaling for other adoptive families as well. I love this super supportive adoptive blog world. Sooo wish I was going to the Created for Care retreat. Oh well... definitely next year!!

    ReplyDelete