Monday, September 20, 2010

God cares about the Details

I shared in my last post that as of Friday I have a peace in my heart about pursuing an adoption from Ethiopia. I really love the way I have been able to see God in the little details of our adoption process. When I see the little things work out, it reminds me that He is in control and can handle the big things that we still have ahead of us.

I have been reading in Exodus and last Friday morning I read chapters 25-28 where God gives the Israelites the instructions for building the tabernacle. He was so specific in his instructions. It was another reminder to me that God cares about details. He cared about details when he instructed the Israelites to build the tabernacle and He cares about the details of our lives.

After my Bible reading, I went for a walk. Like I said I just felt uneasy about our adoption. I prayed that the Lord would show me what to do. I began to think about the parameters we had set for our adoption. We have been saying all along that we would adopt a baby girl between the ages of 0-12 months. I prayed about it and really felt that God was leading me to expand the age a bit. I talked to Justin, who completely agreed, and we decided to request a baby girl between the age of 0-24 months. I can't really explain it, but as soon as we made this decision I had such a sense of peace come over me.

A little bit later that day Justin told me that he had received our mortgage bill and that our house payment had gone down a little. The thing that it so cool about it, is that our car insurance went up this month when we traded in Justin's car for a mini van. Our house payment went down the exact amount that our car insurance went up. How is that for attention to detail? God is so awesome!

I almost forgot to say that AGCI received our application today and officially accepted us into the Ethiopia program. I am beginning to feel excited again! Ethiopia, here we come!

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31


3 comments:

  1. Love how God takes care of all the details!! And so excited that ya'll are joining us in the Ethiopia program!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing... Very excited for you. 0-24 months... can't wait to see your story.

    Isn't it awesome how He deals with the details?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meredith! I just wanted to let you know that I am following ya'lls journey through this blog. God's attention to detail is amazing! I hope and pray you continue to have a peace about everything.

    ReplyDelete