Saturday, August 28, 2010

FBI Results and Other Answered Prayers

So, we still don't know where we stand with our adoption. Like I said, we should hear more sometime next week. I am really not that worried about it. I am choosing to stay positive and follow wherever the Lord leads us. Thank you to all of you who are praying for us. I can really feel the prayers and I am not just saying that. I truly woke up yesterday with a new peace in my heart and a more positive outlook on everything.

I just have to share a few of the prayers that we saw answered this week. First of all, our FBI results came back already!!!!!! We were told it could take up to 12 weeks for us to receive the results. Sometimes they can be unreadable and you have to resubmit which can be a pain. So, we prayed that they would come back quickly and not have to be redone and we received the results in exactly 2 weeks. I actually got Justin's the same day we received the news about the changes in Rwanda and mine came yesterday. So, that is one less thing to worry about. Thank you, Jesus! Oh, and in case you were wondering we had no arrest record found =)

We also added about $1100 to our adoption fund this week. I am completely humbled every time someone chooses to donate to help bring our daughter home. It brings tears to my eyes every single time. It is such a reminder that God is in this and that He is providing for us. We still have a long way to go as far as raising money, but we constantly see His provision and are confident that it will all come together in time.

For sometime now I have been burdened to pray for the people of Midgeprof (Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion) in Rwanda. They are responsible for all adoptions that happen in Rwanda. They review dossiers and match children with their new families. It has been a few months since any children from Rwanda have been matched with families. Many people have been waiting a long time (much longer than they expected) for a referral. My heart has been so broken for these families and especially for the babies and children waiting in orphanages. I felt God laying it on my heart to pray fervently for movement in Rwanda. I have been praying every time Rwanda entered my mind throughout the day.

It took me about a day to realize that the new changes regarding adoption in Rwanda is actually an answer to my prayers. I was too concerned with how it negatively affected me and how it would add months or even years to our adoption timeline. It may not seem like a good thing for us, but I believe that it is a good thing for Rwanda and for future adoptions. It will give them time to focus on the dossiers that are currently in the country. Hopefully referrals will be made soon and children will be placed in their forever families. This is an incredible answer to prayer.

We are hopeful and praying that we will hear positive news regarding our adoption sometime next week. I must admit I do not feel "one day closer" to our daughter. I actually feel farther away than I did when we began this journey, but I do feel like I am right where I should be. I feel very close to my heavenly Father and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " 1 Thes. 5:16-18


7 comments:

  1. So glad you recieved the results! Still waiting on ours.

    Haven't really touched the agci binder since thursday... just been in prayer.

    Praying for you and Rwanda...
    kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...love how God uses the tough times to just really bring us closer to Him! Love your positive outlook on everything! And yay for getting the FBI results back so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, I haven't touched it either. We were doing adoption education every night and I just couldn't bring myself to do it on Thurs. night. I am praying too for all of those involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE this post. Convicting reminder to me to be praying for hte migeprof officials more faithfully myself! Along with all those precious littles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NONE of this is a surprise to God - none of this changes the fact that before the foundations of the world were laid, God had already chosen the child who is already yours, has always been yours.

    Stick that in your peace-that-passeth pipe and smoke it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved those videos sent to us yesterday!!!! Made my heart break....

    Oh, I wish there was some news.

    kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post Meredith:) Your serenity is infectious I think. I pray your situation becomes clear to you soon!

    ReplyDelete