Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Favorite Pins of the Week

I love Pinterest and I especially love trying recipes I find on pinterest. I have pretty much neglected my cookbooks and cooking magazines. Almost every new thing I try now comes from Pinterest.  The only bad thing is sometimes I can't remember what I tried, or what I thought about the things I tried, so I decided I would start writing about it in my blog. Plus it gives me something to write about, since I have all but abandoned my blog. These pictures are cut off a bit, but it will just have to work for now.

The first thing I tried this week was this delicious greek pasta salad. I pinned it a while back and have been wanting to try it, but I didn't know if anyone else in my house would eat it. I finally decided that it looked too good not to try and I was right.  I made it for lunch one day and I ate on it for three days straight. It was that good! The kids didn't care for it. They actually refused to try it, but Justin liked it. He said he would prefer it if I cut up the olives next time. Maybe I will try that or maybe I will just keep them whole and eat entire bowl by myself.



Monday night we had these pork chops from Cassie Craves. I have made these several times and they are a family favorite. It may just be the easiest recipe on Pinterest. There are only 3 ingredients and I just put them in the crock pot. So simple, but so yummy. I serve them just like the picture shows with a great big helping of mashed potatoes.



I think one of my favorite things about this time of year is eating soup. Our whole family loves soup and I love trying new recipes. I especially love creamy soups on cold, wet days. We had a freeze Tuesday night, so this was the perfect time to try this new cheesy vegetable chowder. I like making a meatless meal at least once or twice a week, but if you want meat I am sure it would be good with bacon crumbled on top. We all liked this, but Jax and Sawyer said it had too many vegetables. :) We have a family of 5  and we did not have enough for leftovers, so if you may want to double it if you want leftovers or have a large family.



The last Pinterest recipe I made this week was one I pinned a long time ago. I don't know why I just got around to making it, because it is one of the best things I have made. This chicken fried rice was super easy and filling. Jaxon,  my five year old, finished his whole plate and then said, "mom, thanks for this delicious meal you made. " It doesn't get much better than that. Justin said he wouldn't mind if I made it every week, so we will have to add it to the rotation. I think it would also be good with shrimp or without meat. I will probably add another egg next time, because the egg is my favorite part of fried rice.


I would say that all the recipes I tried this week were a success. I am not very crafty, so although I sometimes pin crafts on Pinterest I rarely make them. I do however like to make crafts with my kids and find fun learning activities for them to do. Here are a couple of my favorites from this week.

I just bought some Bob Books on Amazon for Jaxon and he is loving them. I found this site that has free Bob book printables to go with each book and they are great. These worksheets have been perfect for Jax and I can adapt them so that Mia enjoys them too.



This week the kids enjoyed making these spiders. I liked them because I didn't have to prep much. I just put out the art supplies and let them have fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment