Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Mother's Day

Wow! May is a busy month. We have been celebrating lots of fun things like Mother's Day, the end of school, and my birthday. So, I am just now getting around to posting about Mother's Day. We started thinking and praying about our daughter in Africa over 2 years ago, so I am beyond thankful that she was home this year to celebrate with us. This Mother's Day was extra special because my daughter was finally home. It was also a little bittersweet as I think about the woman who first loved her, her birthmother. I have also been praying for this woman for over 2 years. I have never met her and probably never will this side of Heaven, but she is very much a part of my life. I wish I could hug her and tell her how much I love our girl.
 I have some pretty amazing and silly kids. I'm so glad I get to be their mommy.
This was also an extra special weekend because I got to spend it with my mom and grandma. They came for a visit to celebrate my 32nd birthday and to watch Mia Grace be dedicated at church. 
 Here was our best attempt at a 4 generation picture of all the girls on Sunday morning.

 Six years ago, we dedicated Sawyer on my first Mother's Day. It was such a special day with my then 6 week old baby and I will never forget it. This year we dedicated our three year old daughter to the Lord. We committed before our church to tell her about Jesus, raise her in church, and pray continuously for her.


 It was a special day and I'm so glad my family was there to be a part of it.
I am thankful for all of the amazing mothers in my life and I pray that I will follow their examples as I raise our three children in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment