Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Busy Week

I can't believe it is only Wednesday. This week has been jam packed. Monday we had Mia's PT and OT eval all morning. She was so exhausted that she fell asleep as soon as we got in the car.

Tuesday, we stayed home all morning and worked on some of the things the therapists suggested. I try to work with her most mornings when we are home anyway. This week I let her play with shaving cream for the first time and she loves it. We practiced throwing and catching a ball and she learned to catch her ball. Yay Mia! I was so excited when she first did it and she was pretty proud of herself too. 

Tuesday afternoon I took all three kids to the dentist. Thankfully, my grandma helped me out and took Jaxon for the first half and then stayed with us in the waiting room until they were all finished. Mia did well and her teeth looked good. Unfortunately, her brothers had one cavity each so we will be back to the dentist next week to have those taken care of.

Mia had so many firsts this week. We didn't have any appointments today, but we joined Sawyer for his last field trip of the year, and Mia went to the zoo for the first time. I didn't capture many of Mia's firsts on camera this week, but I did take a few pictures at the zoo today. 
 Monkeys are her favorite animal and she kept making monkey sounds all day. Monkeys are Sawyer's favorite animals, too.
 She really liked looking at all of the animals. She also learned some new words. Today she said alligator, wallaby, kangaroo, and warthog for the first time. It was fun to be able to teach her some new words.
 Sawyer was so happy to have his sister with him on his field trip. He is such a good big brother. He even shared some of his lunch with her after she ate all of hers.
I'm glad I got to spend the day with my oldest and youngest babies.
Tomorrow Mia has a hearing recheck appointment. She had fluid in her hears last time, so it was hard for the doctor to get an accurate result. I am praying her ears are cleared up and that Mia will pass this time. Then, she will have her first therapy appointment. I'm hoping we can stay home and rest on Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment