Monday, January 23, 2012

Loved

Our sweet friends hosted a shower this weekend for Mia Grace. We continue to be amazed by the generosity of our friends and church family. It was a very special shower and we feel so very loved. It overwhelms me to think about how much our daughter is already loved and cared for.
Of course, no shower would be complete without lots of yummy food.
I can honestly say I have never opened so many pink packages before.
It was so much fun to open all of the cute, girly gifts like these adorable little Toms from my sister- in- law. I can't wait to see these on Mia's cute feet.
I'm so thankful for all of these women in this picture. They threw a beautiful shower.
I am also really thankful for these two women, my mom and grandma. I'm so glad they were able to come to the shower. My mother-in-law and sis-in-law were there too and I hate that I didn't get a picture with them before they left to drive back to Texas.
We are so blessed by all of our family and friends. Being at the shower reminded me why we wanted to adopt a child in the very beginning. We are so incredibly blessed by the love of so many people. It broke our heart to think about the millions of children who don't have a family. Justin and I knew that we wanted to change that for a child, so we started the adoption process.

We said from day 1 that we were adopting because God adopted us. We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

I am so thankful that our Mia Grace will soon know the love of a family.

She now has grandparents, aunts, and uncles who can't wait to spoil her with lots of love. She has brothers who think she is the most beautiful girl in the world. Just yesterday, Sawyer told me, "Mia is the most beautiful girl in the whole world. Even if I had three more sisters I would think she was the most beautiful." I almost felt sorry for her three imaginary sisters.

She will know what it is like to be a part of a church family who has prayed for her every step of the way.

I pray most of all that one day she will know the love of her Heavenly Father, the one who created love in the first place. I pray she will know what it is like to be adopted into His family. I am so thankful that we were the ones God chose to teach her about His amazing love.

Today I feel so loved. I pray our girl feels loved today, too.

6 comments:

  1. Wow--love this post. I so agree--we also have such an amazing family (and friends) and we are so grateful for their love of Beza. And Sawyers words--beautiful!

    Love that your little Mia Grace is so loved by so many! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got a pic of her toms. auntie jessica thinks those are more important than a pic of she and lulu. ;)

    i know they're just shoes (as if any of us can get by without them), and i know that i'm an avid supporter of the work that they do, but i've never bought a more meaningful pair of toms. to know that she gets a pair of shoes and another little girl like her, who is in need, gets some too is so poignant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful baby shower. I am so encouraged to see what love and acceptance your daughter is receiving. I hope she is home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So special! Tom's for her....precious! Hang in there on this last stretch. God WILL sustain. With recent events of seeing God move mountains, I KNOW God will continue to sustain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post. Mia will one day treasure these words -- can you even imagine? So sorry I had to miss the shower! (It's been forever since I've seen Lou and Jessica, too!) Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet shower. Mia is very loved!

    ReplyDelete