Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Glad I Said Yes!

I didn't post anything about our Valentine's Day this year, because it was pretty uneventful. My Valentine was sick, so we just stayed at home. My little valentines and I made pizza and Valentine cookies, but Justin was too sick to join us. He did get me a wonderful gift that I will tell you about next time. Since I didn't post much on Love day, I thought I would tell you a little about the man I love.

Ten years ago this month he asked me on our first date. I was a junior in college and he was a senior. I don't remember the exact date, but I know it was a few days after Valentine's Day. Very Convenient, huh?( I still give him a hard time about waiting until after Valentine's Day to ask me out. Poor guy has been making it up to me for the last nine years. Ha! ) We were good friends before he asked me out, so I knew things would change and of course they did. Ten years later, I am so glad I said yes to that first date. I am so thankful for him and can't imagine my life without him.


When I was in college I did summer missions two years in a row and really thought the Lord was calling me to be a full time international missionary after graduation. When Justin and I started dating I remember asking him if he felt called to missions. He told me that he didn't necessarily feel "called", but that he would always be open to whatever the Lord asked him to do. That answer was good enough for me and I can say without a doubt, ten years later, that his answer was absolutely true. The Lord has not called us to the "mission field", but He has called us to things that were not necessarily in our plan and Justin has always said "yes". I know that I can come to Justin with any crazy idea I have and that he will not blow me off. He always listens to me and commits to pray about it with me.

I am so thankful that when I felt ready to start the adoption process, he was ready and excited to begin the journey with me. I think when we got married we had a nice plan of how our life would look, but now we know that God is in charge and that we just want to follow His plan. Every time we have said "yes" to God, He has been more than faithful. It certainly makes it easier to trust the next time He asks us to do something outside of our comfort zones.

I am so glad that I said "yes" to a man who is determined to say "yes" to the Lord. I am a blessed woman!

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! Trey and I had our first date 10 years ago on Feb. 12th! How funny is that?
    I can't believe it's been TEN years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Love hearing more of your love story!! :)

    ReplyDelete