Monday, February 28, 2011

In Awe

First of all, we asked you to help us get rid of our t-shirts and you did just that. We only have 2 large t-shirts and a few kids' shirts left. Not bad, since we started with over 200 shirts. We are so thankful to all of you who ordered a shirt.

We are so thankful for God's provision for us on this journey. I have to share this awesome God story with you. Last week I received an e-mail from a friend saying that she had been following our journey and wanted to order 2 t-shirts. I hate to say, but I had not kept in contact with this friend. I was pleasantly surprised to hear she was reading our blog and that she and her husband wanted to support us by ordering t-shirts.

Saturday I went out to check the mail and found a card from my friend with a check for the t-shirts and an envelope that said "open after reading the card." It was a super sweet card and I would like to share a part of it with you.

The Lord has been very faithful to us this year by providing J with a new job after being laid-off for three months. Early on in his unemployment we felt led that when God did provide a new job we should show our gratitude by giving away his first paycheck to a special cause.
So, out of thankfulness to our God for providing that job we'd like to give you a little more than t-shirt profits to help with your adoption.
As your brother and sister in Christ it is our joy to help you bring your daughter(s) home!

Tears were streaming down my face and my hands were shaking as I opened the envelope to find a check for $750. This was from two people who we have not spoken to in years. I can't even tell you how humbled I was to receive this generous gift. It was more than just money to add to our adoption fund. It was a reminder to me of God's provision for us and His incredible love for our daughter(s).

We are excited to add another child to our family, but we know that her life will begin with great pain and loss. She will lose her birth family and home and that is a tragedy. At the same time, we know that God is writing a beautiful story for our Mia Grace. He is preparing our hearts to be her parents and He is providing us the resources to bring her home.

I share this story for two reasons. First, it is part of our journey to our daughter that I don't want to forget. When we first felt called to international adoption we were overwhelmed to say the least with the cost of everything. We were told over and over again that If God was calling us to this, then He would be faithful to provided. We were hesitant, but we stepped out in Faith and the Lord has been more than faithful to provide every step of the way. If you find yourself in a place where you feel God is calling you to something that seems to be beyond what you can do alone, please take heart. He will provide! It may be adoption, or a mission trip. or taking another job that pays less. Whatever it is that God is laying on your heart, I pray that you would be obedient to His calling. Nothing is impossible with our Lord!

It is so precious to me how He uses His people to bless each other. He could easily just provide each one of us with what we need to take care of ourselves, but that is not the way He works. He wants us to bless each other with the gifts He gives us. I am so inspired and blessed by my friends' willingness to give of their first paycheck.

We continue to stand in awe of the goodness of the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Love hearing how God provides!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story. God's working it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!! I love to see how God provides along this journey.

    ReplyDelete