Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Coming Home

I'm finally getting around to posting about our homecoming. Our journey home got off to a rocky start. We left the hotel right around Mia's bedtime. We really hoped she would fall asleep on the way to the airport or shortly after, but it didn't happen. By the time we got to our gate she was completely exhausted and so were we. She cried and screamed and didn't even want to be held or comforted. This whole time I was thinking, "Oh my goodness, we have 30+ hours of this to endure." Well, finally Justin pushed her around in the stroller while she cried and she fell asleep. We were all so thankful and I am sure everyone else who was waiting to board the plane was relieved.

She really did great the rest of the time. She slept almost the entire first flight, much of the second, and all of our last flight. She ate a good breakfast in London and enjoyed taking long walks on all of our layovers. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

I slept most of the first flight, but not much after that. Our flight home was delayed about 2 hours because of bad weather in Houston. I was so exhausted by the time we got home, but I was so very excited to finally be home with our daughter. I had dreamed of that moment many times, and I must say, real life was much more fun.
The two big brothers were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new little sister.
I was so filled with joy as I saw all of our friends waiting for us. I was especially happy to see my sweet boys. Finally, all of my children were in one place!!
I am sure Mia was a little overwhelmed, but she did great. I was surprised how many friends were there to welcome us even though our flight got in late. I know some of them waited at the airport for 2 hours. Now that is dedication!
This picture makes me cry. My friend, Megan, was such a constant source of encouragement to me the entire journey. She prayed with me, helped me fundraise, cried with me, and celebrated with us. It was so good to finally hug her neck and introduce her to the sweet girl that I knew she already loved.
Mia was a little confused when she met her Daddy's twin brother, Uncle Jon.
The big brothers were so excited to finally meet their sister. Thank you to everyone who made our homecoming extra special. It was a moment that we will all remember forever!

4 comments:

  1. OH MEREDITH!!! This made me cry!!!!!! PRECIOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious!!! Wish we could've been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith, so sweet!!!! Give Mia a huge hug from Charlie and us.

    ReplyDelete