Monday, August 8, 2011

While We Were Away

I have posted l0ts of pictures from our mission trip and I'm not done yet, but I have to show you what my boys did while we were away. Many people have asked me how it was being away from the boys for over a week. I will tell you, I really did miss them. The worst part was that it took us a day longer to get home than expected, and I was so ready to see them. But, I will also tell you that it was worth it and I would do it again. The boys stayed with Justin's parents in Arlington, TX and they had a blast. They also got to spend a lot of time with their Aunt Jessica. I am so glad they got this special time with family who adore them. I am also glad that we were able to share our experiences of sharing Christ with the people of the Dominican Republic with our children. I think it is important for them to not only hear about the gospel, but to see us sharing it with others. One day we hope to take them with us on mission trips, but for now I am thankful they have family who love to take good care of them when we are away.
The little cowboys went to the stock yards, Chuck E. Cheese (I just love that my little boys are holding hands in this pic above),
had smoothie parties with smoothies made by their LuLu,
went to Legoland and the Rain Forest Cafe' with Aunt Jessica,
went swimming and played in the sprinkler,
and even did a few chores around this house. I am glad Jax helped his grandparents. He is always the little helper around here, too.
They are still talking about all the fun they had while we were away. A couple of days after I got back, I read this post from Andrea about moms listening to the call of reaching the nations. I love it and completely agree with all she had to say. I am glad I didn't keep my fear of leaving them from missing out on experiencing what God had planned for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment