Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Back!

When we found out that we would no longer be able to adopt from Rwanda, we knew that God was leading us to pursue an adoption from Ethiopia. I said at the time that I knew it was what we were supposed to do, but I didn't feel excited about it. It really was just pure obedience that lead us to fill out another application and start again at square one. I know God taught me so much during all of that and for that I am grateful.

I must say though, that my excitement is back and I am excited about it! Yes, I am excited that I am feeling excited again! We are waiting for our new dossier packet to arrive and I am so ready to finish up and get our names on the waitlist. I have "met" so many wonderful AGCI families that have encouraged and inspired me.

How can I not be excited when I read about God working miracles in this little boy's life, since he has been home with his forever family?
How can I not be excited and rejoice when this family finally got on AGCI's waitlist for their baby girl?

I am so thankful for my new AGCI friends and family! I am also of course, thankful for the encouragement of our real-life friends and family.

And speaking of real life friends, our dear friends Todd and Megan added to their family last week. Justin and I were able to go visit them and their sweet newborn son, Ruston James, on Friday. He is such a beautiful baby boy!


We love this family so much! They have two girls who our boys love to play with. Sawyer says Jolie is his "girlfriend" which he informed me means that she is a girl who is his friend. Of course, I did overhear him asking her to marry him one day. Jax and Sarah are also great friends, although they fight like brother and sister most of the time. I look forward to the day that our Mia can run around and play with little Ruston.
These kids are so much fun! How can I not be excited about adding to our family?


3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Love this post! I am so EXCITED that you are EXCITED!! :) And thanks for rejoicing with us for finally getting on the wait list for our baby girl! I can't wait to REJOICE with ya'll when you're on the waitlist for your precious Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you are excited!

    I can point to the hour this weekend that God changed our hearts also!

    Waitlist sounds like a beautiful word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this post for the first time. We love you guys & are so glad to be walking beside you in this journey!

    ReplyDelete