Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh How He Loves Us

I just want to share a little way that my Heavenly Father encouraged me this week. One of my favorite songs is "How He Loves Us" by David Crowder. Every time it comes on in the car my boys sing it at the top of their lungs. I usually join them as I wipe the tears from my eyes. I love hearing my little ones worship their creator. Well, this song is just going through my head as I think about how God showed me His love this week.

I have been a little down this week. Maybe it's because my youngest was sick at the beginning of the week or maybe because my oldest is about to start pre-k. Maybe it's because our car is broken again and it looks like we are going to have to buy a new, used car. Maybe it's because I already love my Mia Grace, so much and it breaks my heart to think that it will be another year or more before we even see a picture of her. I am sure it is a combination of all these things that made me decide to throw a fabulous little pity-party for myself. I started to worry about how we would pay for this adoption and a new, used car. I started to worry about how we will ever raise the money that we need. I even tried to invite my husband to my little party, but he politely declined or he just reminded me how silly I was being. I am so glad God gave him to me to keep me grounded. All this to say, I was discouraged and I prayed to God asking Him to encourage me and show me that He was in control.

So, on the day of my great pity-party, I checked the mail and found an envelope from our old insurance company. Inside the envelope was a check for $640. Apparently it was a reimbursement check. We were not expecting it at all and when I told Justin he said we probably should have received it a long time ago. Obviously we hadn't missed it, and God knew that I needed to receive it that day. He knew I needed encouragement on that day. As parents we all know when our kids need a little extra encouragement, a little extra love, or snuggles. Well, my Heavenly Father new that I needed a little extra encouragement on that day. He didn't have to give it to me. I certainly didn't deserve it, but He chose to because He loves us. Oh, How He Loves Us! It was just a reminder to me that He is in control. He wants to put children into families and He will provide a way for Mia to come to ours.

And if that wasn't enough, I received another encouraging surprise today. I entered a giveaway on Andrea's blog the other day and her sweet little boy picked my name out of a hat to win an awesome t-shirt. The Dockery family is selling these t-shirts to support their adoption of a child from Ethiopia. I really love these shirts and am so happy to win one. I was so happy, that I decided to buy some for Justin and the boys, too. I will post pics when we get them. If you want one I don't think it's too late to go to their blog and try to win one or you could buy one and help them raise money to bring home their baby.

"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15-16

I am so thankful that my Lord has not forgotten me. I am thankful that He loves to give good gifts to His children.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't God so good to give us what we need at just the right time...He is so faithful!! I won a t-shirt too...I was so excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete