1. We have completed 3 out of 4 of our home study meetings. Things are going well and we are so thankful for our social worker. She is wonderful!
2. We learned that there is another couple who doesn't live too far away that is also adopting a girl from Rwanda. We plan to get together soon.
3. We have raised over $1500 this month from our photography fund raiser and have several already scheduled for next month.
4. Some of our friends told us that they would like to host a benefit for us this fall to raise money towards our adoption. I just have to say that we are so thankful for God's provision of friends. It has been a year since we moved back to Louisiana from Texas, and we are so thankful for new friendships. We love our friends!
5. On that same note, I am thanking God for Godly friends and family to talk to when I just need to process all that is going on and all that God has been teaching us so far in this journey.
6. We sent in our orientation packet and first big check to our adoption agency this week. The notary made a small mistake on our first international service agreement and we had to get another one. The agency sent a new one very quickly, but it ended up being for the wrong country. They sent us another one and were able to get it signed and send everything out as we were leaving town on Tuesday. Craziness and we haven't even started our dossier!
1. Pray that our orientation packet makes it safely and that we can get started on the dossier soon.
2. Pray that things continue to go well with our home study.
3. Pray for my patience. I really want everything to be done as quick as possible, so that we can get on the waiting list. On one hand we need to be diligent about completing things and use our time wisely. On the other hand I really just need to let go and trust that God is in control. I am not doing really well with this. I know that it will all happen in His timing and that His timing is perfect, but I have to tell myself this at least 10 times a day!
4. Pray for the boys especially Jaxon. He asks me every day when our baby is coming home. He wants to know how many minutes until she comes home. He prays that God will "let us go on our trip and bring back our baby." The boy wants a baby sister so badly! It really breaks my heart! It is so hard to see my children have to wait and try to understand what is going on, but I know that the Lord is working in their young lives and for this I am grateful.
5.Pray for Mia's birth mother. Of course I know nothing about her or her situation, but I know that she will not be able to raise her daughter. We know that every adoption story begins with a tragedy. We pray for her health, safety, and most importantly her salvation. We may never even know her name, but she is and will always be an important part of our lives.
6.Pray that we continue to see God in the small things; that we will not taken one thing that He gives us for granted.
7. There are a lot of families waiting to adopt children from Rwanda. I have read recently that things are moving very slowly. Please, pray that things will speed up and that children will be placed in their forever families.
8. Pray that we will continue to raise money to fund our adoption. We are still trying to figure out what fundraisers to do.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.