I decided that I want to document the prayers that the Lord answers during our adoption journey. We know we will encounter challenges and I want to focus on the good things God is doing in our lives.
1. When we attended the adoption conference back in February, we knew we wanted to adopt, but didn't know where we wanted to adopt from. We prayed that God would show us clearly where our baby was. We felt He was calling us to adopt from Africa and now we know that Rwanda is where our child is waiting for us.
2. We knew from the start that we wanted to use the Louisiana Baptist Children's home.Thankfully the agencies were able to work together to make this happen.
3. Our application was accepted!
4. Last month I began having some unusual vision problems. I went to several doctors and was diagnosed by the opthamologist with uveitis or inflammation in my eyes. I have been through a battery of tests in the last month and everything has come back normal. My eyes are back to normal and I am feeling great!
5. We have received amazing support from our families and friends!
6. Our photography fundraiser is off to a great start!
1. We are currently trying to decide what other fundraisers to do.
2. We are beginning our home study next week. Pray things will go well and that we will be diligent with getting things done (paperwork, etc).
3. My eye condition will not return.
4. We had a tough week last week (car in the shop, a visit to the e.r. for my husband, a toddler who refuses to nap, several broken household items including computer.) Pray that we will not be discouraged, but to push on toward our goal of glorifying God in all we do. Justin is fine by the way. He just had a mild concussion. We are praying for a less eventful week this week.
I plan to update this list at least once a month. We truly appreciate your prayers!
3 days ago